O 507 658 3830
337 Aetna Street PO Box C
Ruthton, MN 56170
Woodstock Communications is seeking to hire a Wireless/Plant Technician to help fill a spot due to growth of both FTTH and new wireless technologies. Woodstock Communications is a reputable family owned company that takes pride in what they do. Benefits would include health and dental insurance, along with a 401K retirement plan and paid holidays. If you are interested in joining the team, please send in a resume to the address or email above.
Installs, troubleshoots, tests, and maintains equipment associated with wireless operations including switching equipment, tower site, microwave radio systems and related applications. Will interact with customers to troubleshoot, educate or support related equipment. Also, could install, troubleshoot, and test FTTH and carrier networks.
Essential Job Functions
• Installs new wireless equipment including switching equipment, tower site, microwave radio systems and related applications. Tests new equipment to ensure proper operations.
• Repair and install FTTH equipment along with testing to ensure proper specs.
• Understand of installing and testing Wi-Fi networks with businesses and homes.
• Troubleshoots problems and maintains existing wireless equipment.
• Able to confer with customers to troubleshoot, educate, or support related equipment.
• Performs all other related duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of wireless tower and station operations.
• Knowledge of PTP and PTMP wireless technologies.
• Knowledge networks and network configurations
• Knowledge of company products and services.
• Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
• Ability to climb towers and on roofs of buildings.
• Skill in operating service equipment including various hand tools and testing equipment.
• Ability to communicate with co-workers and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
• Ability to read and interpret operating and maintenance instruction manuals.
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Ability to evaluate, test, and repair sophisticated equipment.
• Ability to improve or redesign procedures for specific installation/repair problems.
• Ability to work independently and make sound technical decisions using information at hand.
• Ability to effectively function as a team player.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent plus two years of related technical training or 3 years work experience. Two years of experience in the installation and maintenance of wireless equipment also preferred.