Woodstock Communications is seeking to hire a Central Office Technician/Network Administrator to help fill a spot due to growth of both FTTH and new wireless technologies. Woodstock Communications is a reputable family owned company that takes pride in what they do. Benefits would include health and dental insurance, along with a 401K retirement plan and paid holidays. If you are interested in joining the team, please send in a resume to PO Box C, Ruthton MN 56170 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Installs, troubleshoots, tests, and maintains all types of central office facilities, carrier systems and other associated equipment included switching equipment, fiber transport equipment, FTTH and wireless network equipment, routers and other associated network equipment.
Essential Job Functions
• Ensures continuous operation of central office and remote facilities and associated equipment by performing maintenance of existing equipment, and installation and testing of new equipment.
• Repairs central office equipment by performing diagnostic tests to locate trouble and performing necessary repairs.
• Monitors, updates, and helps design networking systems and equipment.
• Able to confer with customers to troubleshoot, educate, or support related equipment.
• Performs all other related duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of digital switching technology, testing methods, microwave systems, fiber-optic systems, and subscriber and trunk carrier systems.
• Skill in installing, repairing and maintaining central office switching equipment.
• Knowledge of LAN/WAN design.
• Skill in using network equipment such as routers, servers, and switches.
• Equipment such as Calix, E911, GPON, MetaSwitch, Cisco, Ciena, and Adtran.
• Skill in operating service equipment including various hand tools and testing equipment.
• Ability to communicate with co-workers and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently and make sound technical decisions using information at hand.
• Ability to effectively function as a team player.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent plus two years of related technical training or 3 years related work experience required. Central Office and IT experience preferred.