Telcom Construction Technician
Woodstock Communications is seeking to hire a Telcom Construction Technician to help fill a spot due to growth of both FTTH and new wireless technologies. Woodstock Communications is a reputable family owned company that takes pride in what they do. Benefits would include health and dental insurance, along with a 401K retirement plan and paid holidays. If you are interested in joining the team, please send in a resume to PO Box C, Ruthton, MN 56170 or email to email@example.com.
Places and maintains cable within underground conduit system. Installs and maintains pedestals, poles, carrier sites and equipment at subscriber locations. Operates digging and trenching equipment.
Essential Job Functions
* Places direct buried cable by operating plowing, digging and trenching equipment. Maintains buried cable by testing and repairing cable. Performs related construction tasks as required.
* Installs and maintains pedestals, poles, carrier sties and equipment at subscriber locations.
* Operates digging and trenching equipment as needed.
* Performs all other related duties as assigned by management.
* Wage based on job experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Knowledge of telephone line construction process.
* Knowledge of RUS practices and standards.
* Knowledge of telecommunications plant operations and maintenance.
* Knowledge of company products and services.
* Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
* Skill in operating various vehicles and construction equipment.
* Skill in reading specification sheets, staking sheets and cable records.
* Ability to communicate with co-workers and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as maps, staking sheets, operating and maintenance instruction manuals.
* Ability to pay close attention to detail.
* Ability to effectively function as a team player.
* Ability to lift a minimum of 60 lbs.
* CDL Required.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent plus two years of experience in Telcom plant operations, construction and/or equipment maintenance.