Telecom Combination Technician
Woodstock Communications is seeking to hire a “full-time” field technician/construction operator to fill an opening. Woodstock Communications is a reputable family-owned company that takes pride in the services they offer. Benefits would include health and dental insurance, along with a 401K retirement plan and paid holidays. If you are interested in joining the team, please send in a resume to PO Box C, Ruthton, MN 56170 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
During the construction season, the job will include working on the construction crew with direct buried cable plows, boring machines, and Vac machines. Plus, will terminate, test, and splice fiber optic cable. Winter months will consist of wiring houses/businesses with fiber and ethernet to turn up new customers.
Essential Job Functions
• Able to work outside with construction equipment.
• Repair and install FTTH equipment along with testing to ensure proper specs.
• Understand of installing and testing Wi-Fi networks with businesses and homes.
• Troubleshoots problems and maintains existing equipment.
• Able to confer with customers to troubleshoot, educate, or support related equipment.
• Performs all other related duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of FTTH equipment and test equipment.
• Knowledge networks and network configurations
• Knowledge of company products and services.
• Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
• Skill in operating service equipment including various hand tools and testing equipment.
• Ability to communicate with co-workers and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
• Ability to read and interpret operating and maintenance instruction manuals.
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently and make sound technical decisions using information at hand.
• Ability to effectively function as a team player.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent plus two years of related technical training or 3 years work experience.